Saturday, June 11, 2011

Singing in the Rain

This morning, Joe and I were getting ready and like usual Abby was running in and out of our room playing all around the apartment. Then, I had that mommy realization that it had been quiet for a little too long, so I went to find out where our little girl had disappeared to. I checked her room. No Abby. The kitchen? Nope. The living room? Still no Abby! That's when I saw her.

My smart little daughter had opened the sliding door and let herself out onto the porch. The glass was only open about 4 inches, which means she used her stealth maneuvers to QUIETLY open the screen, slide through the small opening and being the seemingly high closure, Type A girl that she is even closed the screen behind her to complete the job. Here's the kicker: It was pouring outside! She has been itching to get out in the rain ever since her Daddy showered her in the hose last week and on another day sat at this very window and watched a thunderstorm with her. So, there she is in her icecream jammies dancing around in the rain and loving every minute of it!

Needless to say, Joe and I could barely stop laughing long enough to eventually get her inside. These are the precious moments that remind me how to enjoy the simple things in life. Next time it rains, I'm enjoying every carefree minute of it...bare feet and all! When was the last time you played in the rain?




No comments:

Post a Comment