| This picture is SO Abby! She makes us smile and melts our heart everyday (multiple times a day) with her sweetness and sass. |
Here are some of her recent quotables:
"I love your earrings, Mommy! You are a cute momma!"
As Ella was doing her cute baby stretch, Abby says, "Look Mommy! Baby sister is raising her arms to Jesus."
"Mommy, can I get ice cream with rainbow sparkles on it?"
Last night while reading about Jonah in the Bible, Abby says, "Daddy, I will not run away from God. Jesus will come get me and put me in the fish's belly."
To me: "I need some milk, waitress!"
M: What Bible story do you want to read tonight?
A: Zaccheus
M: We've read that Bible story for the past three nights. Do you want to read another one?
A: No Mommy! I want to read Zaccheus. It's my favorite.
M: Why is it your favorite?
A: Because Zaccheus got to see Jesus!
One of Abby's new favorite activities is checking the Weather Channel website with her Daddy for storms and then when they actually come sitting by the window with him and listening to the thunder. She also draws us pictures of storms and runs around the house shouting "Daddy, a NORM is coming! A norm is coming!"
After having a belly ache and going #2 one afternoon, she ran around the house exclaiming, " Oh no, I have dinarina!"
Abby tells us lots of stories and is quite the dreamer. Most of her stories recently start with the phrase, "When my sister is sooooo bigger..." Ella has lots to look forward to!
A: Thank you Daddy!
D: You're welcome Abby. My pleasure!
A: What Daddy? What?! Blood pressure?
Abby in the room by herself. We hear her singing..."I've got my Savior..." (a song we had never heard and we're pretty sure she made up completely....tune and all)
D: What are you singing, Abby?
A: I'm just singing about Jesus, Daddy!
M: Abby, do you know what state you live in?
A: New York.
M: Do you know what state Nagymama lives in?
A: Florida!
M: Do you know what state Grammy and G-Diddy lives in?
A: (thinking...thinking...)
M: New...
A: New Bluff! They live in New Bluff, Mommy! :)
This last quote I couldn't leave out. Joe did such a good job of not rolling on the floor laughing hysterically when our innocent little girl asked her Daddy this next question so seriously. He talked her through it so well (and then left the room to come and laugh hysterically with me)!
"Daddy, when I get so bigger am I going to grow a penis just like boys?"
Today, during a brief moment I had while both girls were occupied, I was catching up on administrative tasks like putting important dates and appoinments on my calender. I turned to September and found this. I couldn't help but smile. I thought it was so sweet that at some point Abby snuck into my planner and tried to be like me. I went from thinking "aww, how cute!" because of the squiggles so neatly within each day to being proud because of the way Abby tried to write something all by herself (see picture number 2). She'll be writing and reading in no time.
And I totally agree Abby! Thanks for making sure I don't forget that we have to ABQ on Sunday, September 16.


No comments:
Post a Comment