With her new Rachael Ray (kids) cookbook in hand, Abby was eager to find a new recipe to make for her next show. She chose a salad. Rachael Ray's Bite Size Antipast-Salad. The first time Abby made a video, it was spontaneous and unrehearsed. I was planning on videotaping her while she mixed up a little salad, but Abby had other ideas for this episode. This time, Abby insisted on practicing multiple times before I was even allowed to turn the camera on and even suggested we take "commercial breaks", so we she could practice some more. Abby likes to know what is going to happen and prepare herself. She also tends to be a bit of a perfectionist. This time, as we were gathering our ingredients, Abby kept practicing the name of her recipe. She was determined to get it right, but was having a hard time remembering all the words.
When her daddy walked into the room and asked what she was making, she confidently told him she was making "Antibiotic Salad". I wish I had caught that on tape! Before taping, she talked to me about what she wanted to include and then tried to memorize every word. I encouraged her to just let it come out naturally, but she insisted that she memorize it because she was afraid she'd forget to thank Miss Emily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f45SWsNGroQ
Look at how proud she is for remembering the recipe name!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cn6EKCYEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw1pNLxXD94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6XBtn4I1G8
Thank you Miss Emily! We love you!
Stay tuned for Abby's next episode. She wants to use the stove next time and make ABC soup. This should be interesting! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment