Saturday, January 3, 2015

Snapshots and Quotables (December 2014)

These are a few pre-Christmas gems from December. We had lots of sick days that kept us in the house. Sometimes curled up on the couch with fevers and tv shows. Sometimes with contagious coughs that kept us playing together in our pajamas all day. And sometimes we would venture out when we were feeling healthy again for a Target trip to get some Christmas business done.


It's hard to figure out a time to leave the house when the girls just need their mommy because they are sick, but I had to pry their sweet little arms from me and make a trip to the grocery store STAT. Joe curled up with the girls on Saturday morning, while I loaded up on tons of fresh immune system boosting fruits and veggies and some proverbial chicken noodle soup (since our kids are in an anti-soup stage). Normally, Ella's favorite thing to do when I come home from any store is unpack every item from my bags. She usually ooohs and aahhhs over her findings. The kids hadn't been hungry for days and hadn't been interested in anything I had to offer, so Ella's response when she pulled the blueberries from the bag was even more priceless.

E: You bought BLUEBEBBIES! You're the best mommy in the whole world ever!

Then, she ate some berries and ten minute later she was like this...


One night, Joe and I were watching the Country Music Christmas Special when Ella woke up uncomfortable and sick, so we brought her out to the couch with us. She came out just in time to catch Carrie Underwood (a family favorite) perform. I can't remember what Christmas song she was singing, but it was beautiful and all about Jesus. Ella was captivated.

Me: Carrie Underwood is singing to Jesus. 
E: Ooooo I want to tell her thank you! 


Oliver doesn't miss out on any of the action. If we are snuggling on the couch, he finds the warmest spot in between our bodies and cozies right in. OR if I'm doing some work on the computer, while sitting on the couch, he improvises and uses my neck.




Not all trips to Target include a stop to Starbucks, but when it is your first time out of the house in a while...that calls for a yummy peppermint cake pop.


Ella (as we get ready to go to the mall): I want to see Santa. Can I go give Santa a rocket pound?

Just another dinner table conversation. No pressure. If you listen closely you can hear Abby whispering brother in the background. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyOqZ0DHl_Q


Ella reads Daddy the card she made him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iREpjWJ6aqg

Ella shows us some of her ballet moves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzwOjbUptfE


No comments:

Post a Comment