Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Let's Get This Summer Party Started (July 2016)

July was filled with... 

living room campouts with Grace and Mary Ellen 


If she finishes everything on her tray and no one notices, she starts yelling until someone pays attention. Today, I turned around and asked her who she was yelling at. This was her response...


sister bath and story times 
The Pigeon Needs a Bath is a new favorite around here.


this girl's cute faces 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSfPu3xfiBA
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnSHO8O61oA
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGV_6Gs21U

 summer afternoons like these at the library 


listening to this sweet girl grow into a strong reader 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2x54dENtGg

 practicing baby wearing for our trip to Utah


mornings at Target to get ready for our big trips


date nights with this guy 

When the to do lists are long and the details of the life feel overwhelming, I'm thankful for this guy who knew what I needed and helped me fight for it when I couldn't. When it felt too hard to slow down and I was in desperate need of some peace and rest, he stepped in. He took me to dinner and then created space for me to stop and read and BE with Jesus. Just like that I felt like I could breathe again. 
 


family book club day 

Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin is a favorite of ours and a perfect first pick for our family book club! We started our morning with breakfast tacos and our first reading of the book. We followed that up with some taco sticker fun and a craft. The girls were entertained for a while with many rounds of Taco Takeover. We finished our day with a full taco dinner spread and another reading of our book. It was a ton of fun. The girls loved it and were asking what our next book was going to be before the night was over.  I'm looking forward to our next family book club day too! 


 

 

 lots of swimming with friends



a fun 4th of July celebration: swimming, BBQ, s'mores, poppers and sparklers with friends




 

 

 a day at the lake with school friends

 






blueberry loving


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCge0J-C7JQ


birthday party preparations!

This is the face of one excited (almost) 4 year old. Ella was so excited to come to the store with me and so appreciative as we picked out the special things for her little birthday celebration. Her birthday joy even made the disgruntled Walmart shoppers smile. Only two more days until her Paris party...real poodle included!


One night, Abby came with me to finish up some small birthday details for Ella. We passed her favorite store and she just had to run in to take a peek. When did my baby become such a big girl. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3ICJ-3h3I 

No comments:

Post a Comment