Abby was beyond excited for her fourth birthday party. She decided months ago that she wanted to have a PRINCESS PARTY! Perfect theme for our little princess. Abby has so many little friends and there was no way to make the party any smaller (not to mention the birthday girl couldn't imagine leaving anyone out). So, we were left with the challenge of how to fit everyone in our house. The solution: our very first drop-off party. Our friends thought we were either nuts OR really really brave, but no one was complaining about a kid-free date night! Joe and I were ready and excited for the kiddie chaos that promised to take over our home for two hours.
 |
| stunning and precious all in one! |
With twenty little kids coming, I made sure to keep it simple and fun. Balloons and princess castles were scattered through the living room.
With a party right before dinnertime, I wanted to make sure the kids had healthy kid-friendly options to go along with their cupcake. We served a veggie platter, cheese, crackers, pepperoni, and princess fruit wands made up of grapes and pineapple. As a fun activity, the kids decorated princess cookies (crowns, glass slippers and castles) to take home as party favors. Have you ever seen the wild look in a kid's eyes when you allow them to have at it with neon colored frosting, gel pens and sprinkles of all shapes and sizes? SO much fun!



Joe and I may have been brave, but we didn't do it without helpers. We hired our friends Anna Kate and Lucy to help us run everything smoothly and keep track of all the three to five year olds running around our house. They were amazing! The girls helped me on every level and were even steps ahead of me taking care of what needed to be done. They helped us welcome and take coats, get everyone through the food line, serve drinks (and write everyone's names on their cups...thanks AK!), decorate cookies, supervise playtime AND facilitate the party games. They were such a blessing and made me feel like I could host that many kids any day! Love you girls!
 |
| Lucy and Anna Kate |
 |
| love that birthday crown |
 |
| Matthew, Will and Isaiah |
 |
| Samantha |
 |
| Isa, Olivia, Arianna, Ally Grace |
 |
| Roman, Maria, Micah, Kena, Jayden, Peyton |
 |
| pretty pretty princesses dancing around |
 |
| love that Ella is hanging out with the big girls |
 |
| group photo |
 |
| silly faces |
 |
| gathered around singing along to Frozen |
 |
| the "I'm not sure what to do when everyone is looking at me and singing" face |
 |
| Anna Kate and Lucy helped me hand out the cupcakes |
 |
| I'm 4! Woo-hoo! |
 |
| Look at MY cupcake! |
 |
| sweet girls |
 |
| purple frosting is so yummy! |
 |
| We played Princess Freeze Dance and Royal Hot Potato. |
 |
| love. |
 |
| sweet friend moments |
It was a great party and a perfect way to celebrate Abby! All of the kids had a lot of fun. Things went so smoothly that I would do it all again! I'm so thankful that Abby has so many wonderful friends in her life already at such a young age!
No comments:
Post a Comment