Our sweet little Juliet-
It has taken me so long to write these updates lately, mostly because our days are full of life being lived and they move so quickly. I want to learn how to be even more present in these moments and in my down time, I'm learning how to rest better. So, that means my memory blogging to-do list usually builds up more than I would like, but I'm not giving up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEl7pfM_bE
You are such a joy! I really enjoyed every bit of the baby months, but I also really love 'one'. I remember this with your sisters too. Just like the first year, every month we get to enjoy all the new things you are learning and all the ways you are growing and changing. These last few months with you have been so much fun in a new way. You are so responsive and express yourself to us in new big girl, toddler ways. When you hear the blender, you rush in, open the drawer, choose a cup and bring it to your daddy because your very favorite thing is your morning smoothie. Daddy makes the best peanut butter banana smoothie and you start most mornings by chugging your smoothie down in one breath. Speaking of food, I would have to say you are shaping up to be our pickiest eater by far. You love fruits (mainly bananas, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples and sucking the juice out of clementine slices before you spit them on the floor), but you refuse EVERY vegetable. If you were my first baby, I'm sure I would be convinced that I must have done something wrong, but as my third (with two older sisters who LOVE their veggies), I know it's just your preference right now. I'll keep giving them to you until you decide to stop throwing them on the floor. So, when you are loving brussel sprouts in your twenties and are reading this post...know that I persevered! ;)
You aren't walking yet, but have taken a few steps and are standing confidently on your own. We love watching the excitement on your face when you try new things and succeed. You are so proud of yourself when you stand up or take a step that you usually sit right back down to laugh and clap for yourself! You are so close to walking, but I think you just prefer getting around on all fours. Though recently you created a new method that is more like crawling/scooting, while using your right leg to get you there more quickly. It allows you to carry a book or toy, while keeping up with your sisters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX5RcvW0u98
Oh, you love Abby and Ella so much! If one of your sisters cries, you imitate their crying sounds and rush over to hug them while patting them on the back to comfort them. You want to be in any and everything they are doing. Some of your new favorites are playing princess barbies with them and coloring. You love your drum and instruments, pushing your babies in the stroller and all things Sesame Street. Keeping our cell phones (and Nagymama's iPad) out of your reach is a constant. You try to sneak them every chance you get. You love crawling into your room and sitting in your reading corner by yourself with your books. You sit there for long periods of time and read book after book. Sometimes you are quiet, but lately you have been reading in a loud and animated voice. When you disappear, we know where to find you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN6bUr_tXCk
Abby grabbed my phone to capture this moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWLyoD7Cs0
Words/sounds: da-da-da-deeee, ma-ma, poop, "moh" (more) AND shaking your head "NO"
Favorite songs: Better When I'm Dancing by Meghan Trainor and Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFpZ_gTyQLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzIl1OZT-Is
Other things you love:
- throwing away garbage: If you find a piece of scrap paper on the ground, you bring it into the kitchen and put it in the trash. When we leave a dirty diaper on the toy box in your room, you pick it up, carry it down the hall and put it in the trash can.
- shoes: Not only do you love touching everyone's shoes (yuck!), but you bring us your shoes and sit in our laps to tell us you want us to put them on.
- sitting in our laps
- only taking one nap a day (always quite the adjustment, but I think you're settling into the new schedule more and more each day)
- every time your daddy walks in the door or comes up the stairs from work (You seriously adore your daddy. Like all smiles, all the hugs and kisses...sometimes you sit at the top of the stairs and yell for him until he comes up to give you a kiss!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBU8Mr91uRQ
- Oliver kisses and petting him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUll7rUoKhw
- brushing your hair and brushing your teeth
- clearing out the entire DVD cabinet! Who needs toys? On Christmas morning, the DVD cabinet is the only place you wanted to be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwOj2B4xqrY
- when I put your coat on...because that means you are coming with me. When you see me grab my purse or put on my shoes, you are devastated. Your little lip starts quivering and the tears start flowing until I pick you up. If I put your shoes or coat on and assure you that you're coming with me, you instantly stop crying and are all smiles.
- weight: 23 pounds
- height: 30.71 inches
In other news, we learned after two weeks with a clogged toilet that we couldn't clear (and we tried all the things), that you can not be trusted around an open toilet lid. 😆 Lesson learned. Thankfully, the pen was discovered at about round 276 of serious plunging and right before we gave up and called a plumber. Crisis averted.
Words can't express the joy you bring our family. We love you so so much!
Love,
Mommy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GNKotItMvc
No comments:
Post a Comment