Friday, June 5, 2015

Future MDs?

One of the things I love most in life is watching my girls learn. I love seeing their excited minds soak up information like a sponge as they make new discoveries about life and entire worlds are opened up for them.

In April, our local hospital hosted their annual Journey Through the Body exhibit at the mall. It's a health education series developed to educate kids about the functions of the human body and how to lead an active and healthy lifestyle. Everything about the exhibit is very interactive and engaging.

Just to name a few activities we enjoyed...
  • walking through a 16-foot brain
  •  traveling through the colon
  •  shaking hands with a skeleton
  •  touching a pair of healthy lungs and sick lungs
  • doing an obstacle course with glasses on that mimicked what a traumatic brain injury might be like 
  • walking through the human ear and watching the nerve endings light up when they sensed sound 





We even met up with our friends at the mall for lunch beforehand! To say the girls were thrilled by the whole experience is an understatement. They kept asking lots of great questions and didn't want to go home. They loved the exhibit so much and insisted Daddy take them back the next morning to show him everything they learned.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtTFF86f14






I thought for sure the girls would show some hesitation when it came to touching the cow's heart or the human lungs, but both girls wasted no time slipping on their plastic gloves and diving in. They will be dissecting their 7th grade frogs like it's nothing.







So who knows...maybe we have some future health care workers in our midst. Maybe not. But, what I do know is that we have two girls who love to learn and I think that makes my job as their mommy even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment