Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ella: 23 months and a Birthday Wishlist


It's hard to believe this is the last month before our beautiful girl turns 2. The growth between the first birthday and the second birthday always amazes me the most...from baby to big girl! Ella continues to show us her independent, fun loving and sweet personality everyday. She loves giving hugs and snuggling everyone.  She is communicating so freely now and continues to surprise us with new words and entire sentences all the time. Ella stands her ground and is very opinionated. She throws the most over the top, dramatic tantrums when things are not going the way she wants them to, but is  quick to snuggle me and say I'm sorry as soon as she catches her breath. And her cheeks...they beg to be kissed ALL DAY LONG!

Favorite phrases: "Tank you", "Oh!", "Why Mommy? Why?", "Nunull (snuggle) my mommy", using "my" before everyone's name (My Abby, My mommy...), "My birtday parpy now? (birthday party)", "because", "otay?!"

Favorite Things To Do: ride her bike, play mommies, color, play in water, play store, play Doc McStuffins and all kinds of imagination games with Abby, dancing

Favorite TV Show(s): Fresh Beat Band, Curious George, Sesame Street, Doc McStuffins

Favorite Foods: any kind of "nack" (snack), cheese, tomatoes, pepperoni, chips and dip, all kinds of berries, watermelon

Favorite Books: Snuggle Puppy, The Belly Button Book, Elmo Books


Ella can not wait until her birthday! After lots of celebrating with other people, she understands all the birthday hype. She's been waiting patiently for her turn to open gifts, eat lots of cake, get balloons and hear everyone sing Happy Birthday to her. Ella knows hers is next. Abby is helping to plan the party, so she's also helping Ella with her countdown. 
 
The other day, we were in Target and had to walk through the toy section to pick out a gift for someone else's birthday. I was kind of shocked by Ella's new phrase and sincere desperation when she saw things she wanted. "I need dat. Mommy, peeeese I need dat!" We had a whole chat about how she didn't NEED that, but her birthday was coming soon and maybe she would get it as a gift. She understood and took me very literally because then she changed her tune to, "Mommy, get dat my birtday, otay?" I started to take some pictures on my phone, so I would remember and could show Joe. When I got home and looked through them again, I realized the theme. She made her little heart's desires clear and I love seeing her almost exclusive preferences. Our girl is seriously hoping for new Doc McStuffins gear, a grill and a toy puppy on a leash! She was very specific too. She didn't pick the Doc toys she already has. She picked out all the ones she doesn't! I'm not sure which we will give her yet, but I can't wait to see her face when she opens up her gifts and her birthday dreams come true!



Doc McStuffins Remote Control Car

Doc McStuffins Beach Towel

Doc McStuffins Play-Doh kit  (her two loves: Doc and Play-doh)

A toy puppy on a leash

 Little Tikes Get Out n' Grill Kitchen Set




No comments:

Post a Comment