Monday, June 9, 2014

Seven Years

Seven years? As cliche as it sounds, it really is true what they say about time flying. I still remember how people would look at us when we had been married only a couple of years, like we hadn't experienced anything yet...the "what a cute young couple" look. Now, here we are seven years later. Our road has not always been easy. Marriage is one of the hardest and most wonderfully rewarding things I've have ever done. Yet, every bit of it, the joys and the challenges, have grown us and continue to bless us.  

I love this guy. I love our girls. I love our family. I'm thankful for the story God has given us. When our kids look back on this blog of memories, I want them to see our anniversary celebrations. In a world where marriage is becoming increasingly expendable, I want them to know that God's plan and purpose for marriage is worth fighting for. 

It reminds me of this quote I love.

The grass needs watering! A healthy Christ centered marriage builds the foundation for a healthy Christ centered family. I'm so thankful for my husband who creates space in our busy lives for intentional time together, whether it's date nights or meaningful conversations. This year, Joe surprised me with a night away together in Lake George for our 7th anniversary.  It was our first night away in a long time and though we missed our girls a ton, it was a much needed and really special time for us.
our view during dinner


checking out our room and the mystery window behind Joe's head that opened into the bathroom. Never really figured it out!

Sun in my eyes...yup!

One of the best parts of our trip was spending the morning right here. The sky was blue. The clouds were perfect. The sun was shining. We sat side by side in rocking chairs with this view in front of us as we read our Bibles and shared our hearts with each other. When I imagine Heaven, parts of it looks like this. I'm pretty sure we could have sat there together all day!




Thanks for taking care of our girls while we were away, Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment